Join us as we start a “get ready for summer” challenge: Walk Your Butt Off, hosted by our friends at Harleysville Books! The plan is designed to help folks go from from sedentary to slim in 12 weeks with a breakthrough walking plan. Harleysville Books has teamed up with the creator of the plan, Michele Stanten, former fitness director of Prevention, and local businesses, including Guidance for Growing, to bring you a comprehensive plan to begin walking, get fit and stay healthy! Here’s how it works:
- Beginning on March 1, they’ll be providing participants with incentives and great programming to stay on track and keep with the program.
- Each Thursday, participants that check in (no weigh ins) and tell us how many minutes walked will be entered to win weekly prizes.
- Throughout the 12 weeks, they’ll provide meetings that will help you with your walking form, sneakers and stretching.
There’s also a Facebook group just for members of the group. Here, we’ll be sharing recipes, motivational tips and keep each other charged in between our get-togethers.
You don’t have to be a great athlete (or even a mediocre athlete!) to participate. Just have be motivated to walk and see results. This is simply a 12-week commitment to get fit for summer! The program price is $39 and includes all programming, meetings, activities, and your copy of Walk Your Butt Off. >> Click here to sign up now!
Here’s is a list of scheduled meetings, to-date. Programs are still being added to keep you motivated, so check back at the Walk Your Butt Off webpage for the schedule.
- March 7, 7pm – Meet our fitness coach, Michele Stanton. Michele is the former fitness director of Prevention. She will get our group started and talk about her plan for walking. Wear appropriate clothes because we’ll be going out into the parking lot to walk!
- March 14, 7pm – Let’s talk food with our friends at Guidance for Growing. No diet plans, just honest talk about what we are eating and where we can make healthier choices.
- March 21, 7pm – Meet our friends at the North Wales Running Company. Their knowledgeable staff will be here to talk about finding the right shoe for you. Our participants will receive a special discount from the North Wales Running Company.
- April 11, 7pm – Meet our friends at Anahata Yoga and Wellness Studio. They will teach us the best stretches to keep keep us relaxed and limber.
- May 17, 7pm – We’re done! To congratulate ourselves we’re celebrating with our friends at Your Best Image. Meredith and her team will help us find the right clothes to fit our new, beautiful bodies.
Don’t miss out on this interactive program — upgrade your fitness for summer and meet others in a supportive, fun environment! >> Click here to sign up now!