As our community continues to process the recent tragedies, many folks have created ways for us to be with one another & to support the affected families (last updated 12/19 @ 3pm):
- The Souderton Area High School will be holding a vigil in memory of Nina & in hope for a full recovery for Anthony. The event will take place at the school on 12/22, 6:30pm in the gymnasium; doors will open at 6pm & all are invited to attend. If you have digital photos of to contribute, send them to Dan at email@example.com by 12/19.
- A “Longest Night” service will be held at Souderton Mennonite Church, 12/21 at 4pm. There will be a vigil at LCBC Church in Harleysville on 12/21 at 7pm; the Montgomery County Adult Mobile Crises support team will also be set up, starting at 6pm. A “Longest Night” service will also be held at Generations of Indian Valley on 12/22 at 7pm. Visit the Indian Valley Ministerium Facebook page for more info.
- The Lansdale PD is bringing a crisis response team from Victim Services Center (VSC) to town to help comfort & counsel members of the community. A presentation about VSC will provide a rundown of the many services they offer will be held on 12/22, 6pm at the Lansdale Parks & Recreation building, E. 7th St. & Lansdale Ave. VSC also has hotlines available 24/7: (888) 521-0983 or (610) ASSIST-1.
- A fund has been set up at Univest for the surviving Stone & Flick children; learn more & donate here. Additionally, the Souderton Community Ambulance has a fund at Univest for Anthony & there is a fund at TD Bank in memory of Nikki & Trish; you may visit any branch to make donations. Finally, a Funds for Flick campaign contribution can be made here.
- As we mentioned before, if you or someone you know needs support, it’s available 24/7: Montco Children’s Crisis Support phone is 888-HELP-414/(888) 435-7414 & Montco Adult Crisis Support phone is (855) 634-HOPE/(855) 634-4673. Many local schools have additional guidance counselor & social worker support available for students. Remember to check in with your kids & other loved ones — & yourself.
- The Flick family funerals will be held once Anthony is well enough to attend them. Updates will be posted to the Sadler-Suess Funeral Home website.
If anyone has any other updates they’d like to share, please email us & we’ll edit this post. Our community is resilient, compassionate, & supportive. Together, we will recover & we will thrive <3